Wednesday 20 May 2015

Hire Boats 'R' Us

There I was, walking along the road on my way back from the village shop. We were out of toilet paper, so I had been out to buy a copy of the Daily Mail. When out of the blue, one of those American tourists (who are much favoured by those hire boat folks) stopped me.
Apparently it seems he was looking for 'Hire Boats 'R' Us' He asked me 'hey buddy, what is the quickest way to the to the Hire Boats 'R' Us marina?' So I put on one of my extra thoughtful looks for a few moments. (Extra thoughtful is something I have perfected over time) So then I enquired 'are you walking or driving?' to which he replied.'I’m driving'.

Looking extra thoughtful again, for a moment, I said 'that buddy, is without a doubt the quickest way!' and set off strolling back to the boat. I do enjoy being able to help. Now I have the urge to whistle a bit of Mahalia Jacksons: 'If I can show somebody, how they're travelling wrong, then my living shall not be in vain.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.