Tuesday 19 March 2013

I'll keep an eye out for you!

With all the rubbish being stirred up about constant cruising - constant mooring - bridge hopping - over staying - call it what you will. I would sooner just enjoy my boating and get on with it.  However, I was minded of a story....

A boater walks into a canal side pub and the landlord says, "Hey Bill, I haven't seen you in a quite a while. Whatever happened, you look absolutely terrible!" "What do you mean?"Bill replies, "I'm feeling fine." The landlord pointing a bills leg says, "But what about that wooden leg. You didn't have that before."


"Well," says bill "there was a fight with a Constant Cruiser over a 48 hour mooring. We were in a real battle and a cast iron windlass hit my leg. But the hospital surgeon fixed me up, and I'm fine, really." "Yeah," says the landlord, "But what about that hook? Last time I saw you, you had both hands." "Well," says Bill, "I was in another battle with a Constant Moor'er and we boarded his boat. It was a real hand to hand fight and my hand was cut off with a Chainsaw. But the surgeon fixed me up with this hook, and I feel great, really."


"Oh," says the landlord, "Then what about that eye patch. Last time you were in here you had both eyes." "Well," says Bill, "One day when we were out on the canal, some birds were flying over the boat. I looked up, and one of them shat in my eye." "So?" replied the landlord, "what happened, you couldn't have lost an eye just from some bird crap!" "Well," says Bill, "I really wasn't used to the hook yet."


Later...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.