Monday 10 September 2012

The Big One (22-5)


Monday the 10th of September 2012

Naburn Lock.


The sun failed to put in an appearance today. The day was spent in walking the dogs and catching up on a few odd jobs. We waved goodbye to Geoff and Mags aboard Nb Seyella but we hope to meet up again in a few days time.

Lunch time and I heard a noise in the distance. Looking out of the back of the boat I scanned the sky. We are moored between two tall banks of trees which limit visibility overhead. The noise got louder and I thought I might miss the action. For a few brief seconds a WWII spitfire flew overhead heading north. Nothing else sounds like the spits Merlin engine. I listened to it fade away into the distance. Took me back to the airshows at RAF Finningley (now Robin Hood airport) I enjoyed in my younger days.

Wildlife: Tea time, the clouds are really starting to build up. Off in the distance I could clearly see a squall of falling rain. Then a skein of geese flying high overhead in the classic vee formation came into view. The skein then veered off to one side to avoid the squall and appeared to fly around it.


Back by request are the one liners, which in my case are often two or more!




When I first started the blog I was a regular reader of Nb Granny Buttons (Andrew) Nb Balmaha (Mo and Ness). However both blogs now seem to be taking a break from the blogosphere.  Now I find my old blogmate on Wb Takey Teazy (Heth) is also  taking a break. 

It is surprising the number of boaty blogs that start out, full of good intentions that eventually fall by the wayside. There is a long list of dead, defunct or blogs with infrequent postings Here on my blog. Some of the MIA blogs have interesting posts and are worth a look.




Daily Total
Miles: 0.0
Locks: 0
Swing / Lift Bridges: 0
Tunnels: 0
Pump Outs: 0
Engine Hours: 0.0

Accumulated Totals

Miles: 1192.9
Locks: 853
Swing / Lift Bridges: 158
Tunnels. 22
Pump Outs: 13
Engine Hours: 2426.4

Later...


1 comment:

  1. Greetings comrade,

    As you already know, I've been re-incarnated, re-instated, re-insulated & re-newed with a very different blog, & no pressure!
    Ahh, freedom of speech without being judged by a select few who think they own the canal system at last! {And Relax...}

    Fellow comrade, Heth

    ReplyDelete

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.