Monday 9 April 2012

The Big One (2-2)

Tuesday 9th April 2012 
Huddersfield Basin to Huddersfield Basin.

08:00 A bit of a wild night, with the wind and rain. So we have decided to sit it out for the day. The Memsahib has had a fix of Sainsburys and I have had a fix of dog walking in the rain.

Tiny Dutch Barge
12:00 I think I have found a nice boat - its a tiny Dutch Barge in style - well it was not all that hard to find as it is moored up across the canal from us. I'm not one for getting myself into raptures about boats. I can easily recognise the difference between a GRP and a steel hulled narrowboat. This particular one appeals to me because I am thinking about later - when we decide to tie up to the bank and live aboard with less time spent out cruising. Yup, its a dutch barge for me and its the same with the Memsahib.

Huddersfield Wide Canal
13:00 I keep looking at the weather (more sun now than showers) and I'm thinking maybe we should set off across the Huddersfield narrow - But the Memsahib has gone out to purchase items for fitting new curtains in the saloon. I Know enough not to get between the Memsahib and fabric! So we will have to make a put tomorrow to get off.

The marina here has a laundry facility, so maybe we will get time to do a quick wash before we set off - whenever that might be!



Daily Total
Miles: 0
Locks: 0
Swing / Lift Bridges: 0
Tunnels: 0
Pump Outs: 0
Engine Hours: 0.0

Accumulated Totals
Miles: 604.3
Locks: 613
Swing / Lift Bridges: 101
Tunnels: 6
Pump Outs: 8
Engine Hours: 2048.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.