Tuesday 2 June 2015

Drinking and Cogitating

You know after drinking the odd beer or three as is my want once in a while. Last night I started thinking, only this time a bit more deeply than usual. This is usually the starting point for several hours of more drinking and more cogitating. I think it is just a coincidence that the two seem to come together. 

I began to wonder why the psychics have not cornered the market on winning the national lottery. With that sort of psychic power, they could pick up a quadruple roll over and never have to do another one of those  Psycho-ill-logical  shows on the ever again. So how come they all want to charge an entry fee. What's more why do you have to book tickets when they should know already who and how many are coming. Anyone might think from that sort of behaviour that they were a load of charlatans.

Another thought was all those faith healers. Yet surprisingly my local doctors surgery which is pretty good has not got one. Not only that but the local hospital has not got a faith healer either. That's the Tory cuts already on the NHS for you. Anyone might think from that sort of behaviour that they were a load of charlatans.

Then I got to thinking about those homoeopaths. Now call me old and cynical - but most of them don't look so good to me.  Maybe a good homeopathetic constipation remedy might help. Yet surprisingly my local doctors surgery which is pretty good has not got a homoeopath either. Not only that but the local hospital has not got a homoeopath either. That's the Tory cuts already on the NHS for you. Anyone might think from that sort of behaviour that they were a load of charlatans.

Then there are the Astrologers - what is NASA and the European Space Agency doing. Spending trillions of dollars or Euro's on space research, building large observatories, putting telescopes into orbit and launching space craft to visit or land on other planets in the solar system. When the astrologers know it all already.  I mean when Gemini is crossing Aquarius we would know that there is life on Mars. 

Then that started me thinking about another beer. Well next thing I knew it was morning. So there can't be any link between, drinking beer, thinking deep thoughts and insomnia. That's good research for you, I think I will celebrate the success of my research project with another beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.