Monday 7 July 2014

Mink Problem Solution

Most people know that I enjoy poking fun at CaRT, if I did not poke fun, then I would only end up crying into my beer.  So in the spirit of being a bit more upbeat, I decided to do some fractured motivational posters.  As a kid I had a few motorcycle posters on my bedroom wall. So I decided to hang a few inland waterways posters on my blog wall.

The American Mink has devastated the water voles that form part of the British psyche as the miss named character 'Ratty' from Kenneth Grahame's 'Wind in the Willows' a wonderful children's book. There have been many attempts to eradicate the mink problem, which have all proved to be spectacular failures.  What is needed is to bring in a natural predator that is higher in the food web. One of the oldest dinosaur still alive has chosen another reptile that is still alive to sort the problem out. Until then we will continue to reintroduce the voles as a snack for mink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.