Wednesday 8 April 2015

Sarcastic

There is the old saying 'If I only had a penny for every time I’ve.....' In my case it would only amount to a bit of pocket change at best.  However there is one trait that I have where I could say 'If I only had a penny for every time I’ve' It would be when someone says 'Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.'  In that case I would be quids in. 

I have this ability or curse depending on how you look at it. To sum up a situation with a smart arse comment. I don't always intend to do it. I don't know where it comes from. I don't have to ponder. It just trips off the tongue. Well it would seem that its not a curse, it is in fact a blessing, it is in fact a good trait to have. Generally speaking people who have a natural sarcastic thought process really are a bit 'Tefal Man' when it comes to being brainy.

Sarcasm, is the second thought process for the people round you. They listen to what you say then the second thought they have is when the realisation dawns. That you are saying one thing but actually mean something completely different. Wit on the other hand is when you change the context into something different which is intended in a funny way. Which gives a non confrontational way to give your alternative viewpoint.  There is an irony when someone says that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. It means that they have difficulty in recognising sarcasm for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.