Saturday 6 February 2010

It's in the blood




The impending ownership of a narrow boat has certainly entered my blood. So much so, that I have been and registered a couple of domain names.  The first domain is narrow-boat.com  This will give me some scope to develop a whole new website once the early retirement option comes around later this year. I have not given to much thought to the content and direction it will take. My academic background relates to "Networked Information Engineering" so developing the website will give me more of a challenge than the underlying server hardware.




The other domain is wits-end.org.uk which is currently directly pointed at this blog. This relates to the name we have chosen for our narrow boat. (which just happens to be the same as our home!) I expect I will move this blog onto a server of my own - at some point in the not to distant future. Maintaining input to the blog is a bit low on my radar just now, because I have little free time to spare at the moment.

Just a little bit further down this years calendar is a short holiday coming up at the end of this month. When we will be out and about on a hire boat. Cruising somewhere on the Oxford canal will be our venue for a few days. We have a couple of friends who are coming over to house sit the cat's for a week. Whilst at the same time they will try living at château Wits-End as they are possibly going to come and live here whilst we are away for a year or two. Other friends are forming a disorderly queue offering  to house sit the boat whenever we take a break and go abroad. Well I guess that's what real  friends are for.

Hopefully, I will be able to chronicle our travel along the cut and update the blog on a day-by-day basis.

Later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.