Friday 1 April 2016

Photo (20)

Throughout the last few years of boat ownership. I have been taking a number of photographs around the canals and rivers system. Obviously the subject would vary depending on where we were and what we were doing.  The photographic images are taken using a Canon 550d DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) which is my camera of choice. I use Coral Paintshop Pro X8 photo editing software for adding the logo and creating a smaller thumbnail image.


There is no particular theme, other than most of my photography is waterways inspired. It's whatever that caught my attention at the time. So I thought I might include a few of my photographs into the blog. 

These are one of my favourite birds. Often to be found nesting inland as well as on the edge of the shore. Breeds in a shallow scrape, on open pebble beaches  around the coast, but has also now breeding inland in sand and gravel pits and former industrial sites. My local nature reserve provides large patches of shingle, where the eggs are well camoflaged from predators.

There are two birds with a rather similar look and are hard to distinguish from each other. Here are their initials LRP or RP.  In size they are between a sparrow and a starling. 

But can you identify the birds?


Answer: Ring Plover (Not Little Ring Plover) The LRP does not have the orange and black tipped beak)  


The ringed plover is a small, short legged wading bird. It is brownish grey above and whitish below. It has a orange bill, tipped with black, orange legs and a black-and-white pattern on its head and breast. In flight it shows a broad white wing-stripe.

I take photographs for my own personal pleasure. Whilst I reserve copyright ownership of the photographic image. You are free to use the image for your own purposes as long as the logo is not removed and you give credit to where the photograph came from. The image provided on the blog is a thumbnail of the original photographic image. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.