Thursday 7 March 2013

Corrupted Corinthians

I was browsing on the web as is my want in between helping with house renovations when I came across a website where excerpts from various publications are corrupted in a wise and insightful way. A typical example was The First Epistle to the Corinthians, often referred to as First Corinthians (and written as 1 Corinthians). Which is the seventh book of the New Testament of the Bible.

It struck me that this was good material for carving onto lock gates. I like the short and pithy stuff. I was very impressed. Here is a sample of the corrupted wit and wisdom. The corruptions are highlighted in red.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I should have put away childish things. -1 Corinthians 13:11 
All things to tall men -1 Corinthians 9:22 
Without love, I am nothing", without burger, I am hungry  -1 Corinthians 13:2

Later... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.