Monday 6 August 2012

The Big One (17-4)


Sunday 5th of August 2012


Market Drayton.


The morning came quite early when one dog insisted on going outside! However, whenever that happens I don't always feel like going back to bed. Today was one such day. I have a few jobs to catch up on but they require a dry day to complete and they have been in short supply this year.

In the afternoon I heard a strange noise, and when I went outside there was a radio controlled model of a harbour tug racing around the cut. It seemed to be the owners pride and joy and apparently he comes down to the canal with the boat from time to time.


We have decided to outstay our welcome for another night. We had hoped to get an overnight mooring with power so that we could do some washing. However, the moorings owner is not answering the phone. The ships stores look a little low and so the Memsahib has planned a visit to the local supermarket.

I have been busy fitting a new VHF radio into the boat. The previous car radio/cd player has been playing up for some time now. Rather than go the CD route again I have purchased one that will accept an iPod or iPhone. I have a good selection of music on my "Walkman" which I can also plug into the system. The TV set on Rosie will play audio and video disks so we still have the capacity to enjoy our favourite music or films on CD.

Daily Total
Miles: 0.0
Locks: 0
Swing / Lift Bridges: 0
Tunnels: 0
Pump Outs: 0
Engine Hours: 0.0

Accumulated Totals

Miles: 1038.5
Locks: 753
Swing / Lift Bridges: 119
Tunnels. 19
Pump Outs: 12
Engine Hours: 2312.3


Later......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.