Friday 23 March 2012

Sour Grapes

Every day someone gets stuffed by a manager. Today's story is about a bus driver working for National Express. Michael Shephard was given the sack by his boss after he was seen popping a grape into his mouth on CCTV. Mr Shepard from Coventry was in his cab at the time but he says he was not driving. Mr Shephard, has been driving buses for National Express for more than five years and was suspended after the incident on the bus.

Mr Shephard said: "I don't eat or drink while I am driving but I was just sat stationary at the bus terminus in Bedworth for a few minutes and took a grape to wet my mouth a bit. I had a heart by-pass 12 months ago and the medication dries your mouth so I just take a sip of water or a grape sometimes when I'm sat at the station or terminus. I had already eaten my lunch so there was only a few grapes left in my lunchbox. And rather than getting off the bus to eat the grape I just stayed sitting in the cabin. I explained why I needed to have a sip of water or a grape every hour or so but they said it is still against the rules."

Mr Shephard said "he was still eating the grape as he drove off from the terminus and may have scratched his nose or put his hand to his mouth to suggest he had put another grape in his mouth. I don't remember my every movement on that day but I might have scratched my face or something while my mouth was still moving. There were no passengers on my bus and nobody saw me so I don't understand the problem."

A spokesman for National Express said: "The driver in question hasn't exhausted the disciplinary process that we have as a company and as a result we cannot make any public comment. However we do hold ourselves to high levels of safety and customer care standards."

Call me old and cynical but the care standards of National Express fall short of where they should be when it comes to their staff.


Following on the trend for a few old biddys to get their kit off for charity. Marks & Spencer get in on the act. A saucy charity calendar featuring scantily-clad Marks & Spencer employees has been sold under the counter after staff said they were told not to sell it in store. The saucy calendar shows staff modelling high quality Primark underwear.

In January two heavyweight buxom babes are pictured hiding behind newspapers (broadsheets) while March sees cafe staff covering their curves with several freshly baked Large Peshwari Naan Bread. The calendar is raising money and eyebrows for North Devon District Hospital's Chemotherapy appeal.
 
Maj Gussett-Smalls (Retired) spokesperson for  Marks & Sparks chiefs denied the calendar has been on sale to the general public. Insisting it was only available to his friends and YouTube patrons.

Later....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.