Friday 10 June 2011

Alice Pyne

A crusty old curmudgeon like me is hard to win over at the best of times. Today is not one of those days. Have you heard about Alice and her bucket list? No, I thought not. I was puzzled as to what a bucket list was. It seems its a list of things to do. The Memsahib does bucket lists for me, however, they are more like a fatwa or edict. But I digress.

So what items has Alice got in her bucket list. Here are a few of the items.

  • To make everyone sign up to be a bone marrow donor
  • To swim with sharks
  • To go to Kenya (I can't travel there now but I wanted to))
  • To enter Mabel in a regional Labrador show
  • To have a photoshoot with Milly, Clarissa, Sammie and Megs
  • To have a private cinema party for me and my BFFs
  • To design an Emma Bridgewater Mug to sell for charity
  • To stay in a caravan
  • To have a purple Apple ipad but I'm not really allowed to put that on here and mum is trying to borrow one
  • To be a dolphin trainer (I can't do this one either now)
  • To meet Take That
  • To go to Cadbury World and eat loads of chocolate
  • To have a nice picture taken with Mabel
  • To stay in the chocolate room at Alton Towers
  • To have my hair done if they can do anything with it
  • To have a back massage
  • To go whale watching

I could do some of those myself. A few I have already done. Some I would not do without a few beers to bolster the courage. In a twist of fate courage is what we are talking about.

In Alice's own words. " Most of you know that my scan at Alder Hey wasn't very good and that the cancer is now spreading through my body. It's a pain because there's so much stuff that I still want to do. I guess that my particular cancer is made of strong stuff (which is hard because I know I gave it my all and I'm strong and determined too).

Anyway, mum always tells me that life is what we make of it and so I'm going to make the best of what I have and because there were so many things I still wanted to do, mum suggested that I turn my ideas into a bucket list.  I've not quite finished it yet, as I keep remembering other bits, so I might add things to is as I go along. 

I'm not expecting to do everything on it.  Some of the things are just not going to happen because I can't even leave the country now (I'm too much of a risk), but they're on there, because they were on my 'to do' list at some point.  So, I thought it would be fun to have my list online and to tick things off and do a little update on everything I do :)  If anyone has suggestions, please let mum or dad know because they don't know how to do all of it yet.  They're working on it!"

You can find this wonderful, chirpy, junior version of "Hyacinth  Bucket-List" just here.

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.