Thursday 8 January 2015

Understanding CaRT#3

Most people know that I enjoy poking fun at CaRT, if I did not poke fun, then I would only end up crying into my beer.  So in the spirit of being a bit more upbeat, I decided to do some fractured motivational posters.  As a kid I had a few motorcycle posters on my bedroom wall. So I decided to hang a few inland waterways posters on my blog wall. Many people are somewhat puzzled about the role and function of (CaRT) the Canal and River Trust. Here are a series of helpful pictures that will assist with a deeper  understanding.

New guidelines (to the previous issued guidelines) have been published about CaRTs latest understanding of the Governments waterways  Act. If you overstay on a visitor mooring there will be a penalty/fine charge levied against you for over staying. This is the equivalent of overstaying in a street parking bay.  
Guidelines are a wonderful spin doctors document because they allow the interpretation of the rules to be skewed to suit any situation. While the guidelines have no standing in law they can be quoted and referred to, just as if they did.
Today's image will go some way towards understanding the mooring guidelines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.