Saturday 12 November 2011

The answer is NO - OK!

Abbey -n- Poppy
I am surprised about the large number of emails that I have been getting with regards to my two dogs. Poppy and Abbey are normally a pair of very well behaved Wire Haired Fox Terriers. They can be a bit grumpy, like me and sometimes they can be a bit feisty like the Memsahib.

However anyone with any experience of keeping dogs will tell you that most terrier breeds can be a little bit unpredictable and so need to be handled with caution.

I know that our two dogs have brought some notoriety to our boat and to us as a couple. But I have to say that I am getting sick and tired of receiving a constant barrage of questions via email about the dogs.


For those that don't know, it was reported in the national newspapers and on the television news that the two pooches have severely mauled five boat burglars, four thieving politicians, three (large bonus)bank executives, two chandlers that only do 60/40 splits and  the CEO of British Waterways.

For the last time, The Dogs Are Not For Sale, OK!


House rules for the dog.
1. I will not eat the cats' food before they eat it or after they throw it up.
2. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, poo, etc., just because I like the smell.
3. The Cat Litter Box is not a cookie jar.
4. The sofa is not a 'face towel'.
5. The Dustbin man is not stealing our stuff.
6. I will not play tug-of-war with Dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
7. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is an unacceptable way of saying "hello".
8. I don't need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm under the coffee table.
9. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur before entering the boat - not after.
10. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt on the carpet.
11. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch.
12. The cat is not a 'squeaky toy' so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

Later....

2 comments:

  1. ROFL

    Love reading your blog...... Always entertaining!

    Tom & Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words every encouragement works. I measure encouragement in beer!

    ReplyDelete

Please put your name to your comment. Comments without a name may automatically be treated as spam and might not be included.

If you do not wish your comment to be published say so in your comment. If you have a tip or sensitive information you’d prefer to share anonymously, you may do so. I will delete the comment after reading.